In Microsoft PowerPoint, you can draw the pre define basic shapes. If you want to draw custom shapes, then you have to combine the existing shapes. Similarly, If you have a touch-enabled device, want to easy drawings with your finger, a digital pen or a mouse a then you have to use custom methods. It means you have to utilize free-hand pen and drawing tools. Normally in PowerPoint, you can’t use the freehand features. To enable Easy Drawings features you have to add draw menu in powerpoint. This is not a default menu of Microsoft PowerPoint.
How to Add Draw Menu in PowerPoint?
- Go to File Menu.
- Click on Options.
- In PowerPoint Options, Click on Customize Ribbon.
- In Customize Ribbon’s Main Tabs, Check on Draw.
- Click on Ok Button.
- Then after draw menu will appear
Now you can able to use a touch-enabled device, draw with your finger, a digital pen or a mouse.
Draw and Write Custom Shapes
After adding the Draw menu you can see the draw tools in the Draw menu. Thre are 3 menu categories tools.
- Tools (Draw, Eraser-(Stroke, small, medium, Segment), Lasso Select)
- Pens and Add Pen (Pen, Pencil, Highlighter)
- Stencils (Ruler)
- Convert (Ink to Shape, Ink to Math)
- Go to Draw Menu/Tab and tap a pen along with size (.25 mm to 3.5 mm)
- Choose a colour or effect.
- Draw your custom shape.
- You can also save draw object in png, gif, jpg, bmp, tif, wmf, emf, svg file format.